We’ve explored environmental ideas on this website mostly via the EcoTypes survey and associated resources. But what of a more in-depth conceptual exploration of axes, themes, and EcoTypes? And how might you benefit, and perhaps make a more creative difference as a result?
But many important details about axes, themes, and EcoTypes, and how exploring environmental ideas in this manner can help you expand your approach to environmental issues, remain.
Our hope is to release a book that gets more to the heart of EcoTypes. If this website offers you an empirical survey and starter resources for going deeper, the book will take you far deeper into the theory underlying EcoTypes, the meaning of your survey results, and what your next steps might be if you wish to fully benefit and contribute creatively to environmental issues—the book and website are, in other words, complementary.
[We would love to get the book out by 2022!…but 2023 is more realistic. If you are an instructor and desire additional content, see “What resources can I consult to better teach EcoTypes?” here.]
If you’d like to keep in touch on the book production timetable, please submit our quick form and make sure to check the book box!
Here are the anticipated sections.
- Prologue: Ideas, ideologies, imaginaries
- Exploring environmental ideas: Theory meets data
- From Aesthetics to Time: Fifteen building blocks
- The good disagreements: Place, Knowledge, Action
- How we bring it together: From Small is Beautiful to Indigenous Justice
- Growing with difference: Situate, Engage, Stretch